Sunday, September 21, 2008

Keys on Main with Kat

I had a great birthday yesterday! I started the day by attending City Choir practice, where Emery had the choir sing "Happy Birthday" to me. We came home and Brian helped me make Puffed-Up Stuff (aka. German Pancake). I spent the afternoon playing on my computer, singing, buying music online, IMing friends, talking on the phone with good friends and family, and relaxing.

At about 8:30 pm I turned 31 years old! My friends and I then headed for Keys on Main, a dueling piano bar downtown. We had a lot of fun talking, laughing, eating, singing, and dancing. I got to go up on stage and dance for my birthday. I made Emery come up with me after about a minute, and there was some scandalous dancing then. ;) Later we got Sharon up on the stage too, since she is celebrating her last weekend of being single. When the piano players managed to play a few songs without swearing and dirty humor (the down side of the show), it was a great time! I think my favorite parts were the competitions between different sides of the room to see who could sing along the loudest and singing "Bohemian Rhapsody" at the top of my lungs with the piano players and the crowd. I actually know every single word of that song. Ha!

Present at the club last night were Katie (me), Emery, Michael, Kristine, Adam, Brian, Lee, Dennis, Sarah, Jeff, Sharon, and Jeff (Sharon's brother). I have good friends. :)

Along with yesterday's birthday festivities, I have also gotten some fun gifts from family and friends: chocolate (always a good thing), an Anne Taylor gift card (yes!), a card (funny!), a letter K wall hanging (cute!), a chair for my room (so great), and more chocolate (always a very good thing). Did I miss anything? Oh yes - my present to myself was a bunch of sheet music: some of my favorite Broadway shows and jazz standards.

So, a great birthday. I get to stretch it out for one more week, too! When my mom gets back from helping my sister with her new baby, we will celebrate together. And I am still looking forward to hanging out with my brother. And I think I need to blow out some candles at some point. I have already had several wishes come true even without that much-anticipated birthday wish, but a girl needs all the wishes she can get. :)

Thanks to everyone who wished me, "Happy birthday," and made me feel loved on my birthday!

3 comments:

That one guy... said...

I'm just glad that I was invited and could make it! I'm happy that I have great friends like you to keep me out of trouble on Saturday nights!

Bentley the Kid said...

You ARE loved and you do have good friends. :)

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Hooray! I'm glad it was a wonderful day!