The kids are actually behaving pretty well, teaching is going well, and I like my teammates at work. I have great friends and loving family. I love the gospel and I like who I am. So, I'm not complaining. I'm actually very happy, generally speaking. I'm just ready to have a break, that's all. I think it may be because this upcoming off-track time will be full of big events, decisions, and changes:
- I will turn 31 in a few weeks, which means I will be leaving my LDS YSA (young single adult) ward. I told myself I wouldn't decide where to go to church until I was off-track because I am too busy right now to think clearly. So, that decision is looming.
- I am planning on doing a financial overhaul in September, and I'm waiting to talk to my home loan officer when I go off-track.
- My hairstylist retired (I know... WHAT??!!) so I will be making an appointment with his replacement when I'm off-track.
- I have a t-chart to make when I go off-track to help me make another decision.
- I am performing a song in church on September 21, and I can't think about what to sing or have rehearsals until I'm off-track.
- I have two weddings of good friends to attend at the end of September, supposedly on the same day as a stake activity I'm partially in charge of, so I'll be figuring that out.
- And I want to lose 50 pounds in September. ;)
So, you can see I've got a lot to do, but I can't start on it all until I regain sanity with off-track status. So, I am very anxious for next Friday to get here! Of course, my off-track time will not really be a break because it will be spent doing grad school homework, but oh well. At least I'll be moving forward with some things I have been anticipating. I hope.