Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Danger-Prone

It has been the week of injuries! I showed you my beautiful toe injury from about a month and a half ago, but that really is nothing compared to the way that my leg looked after stake softball last Saturday. I didn't think it was a big deal at first, but I quickly realized where the ball had hit my leg was really hurting. By the time I got home from our game, I couldn't believe how much it hurt to put weight on that leg. Then, in the shower I bent down to look at it and actually got light-headed from the pain. It was so crazy! I had a lump sticking out from my leg a good 2 inches at least, and it was already turning all kinds of fun colors. I propped it up and iced it while I took a nap, and that helped it go down significantly. I limped a little and had to put it up every few hours for the rest of the week.

Here are pictures of it on day 4:
The pictures don't really do the bruise that spread over my leg, puffed up my ankle, and settled into my foot the justice it deserves, but you get the idea. Once it stopped hurting, it was really quite fun to have such an impressive bruise. It still hasn't gone away. The bump is still there, and the bruise is now yellow and red.

Last night, I played football at ward Family Home Evening, and managed to add a couple more injuries to my list. I jammed my thumb trying to catch a pass and was unable to do much of anything all day today. The kids at school had to help me use scissors, open dry erase markers, etc. And, in an attempt to dodge my opponent, I slipped, got punched in the face, and landed on my knee. No black eye, but a nice swollen, purple knee.

Sports are sooo fun... :)

1 comment:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

No way!!!!! Oh man, I'm so sorry.

I started physical therapy on my knees this week. They are still killing me. :-(