Saturday, August 2, 2008

Homework Distraction

Some of you may know that I was voted "MVP" of the faculty vs. 6th grade softball game at the end of the school year a few weeks ago. OK, so there wasn't really a vote, but some of the kids unofficially gave me that honor. This was mostly because I managed to get on base each time I hit, and because of my very dramatic "slip on the grass and crawl back to third base" move. I also played catcher in the big game and managed to get my toe crunched by a student who slid in to home plate on top of my foot. It was a great time.

After the game, I hobbled just a little on that poor big toe and watched as the faintest hint of purple formed at the top of the toenail. Shortly after the school year ended, I got a pedicure which covered the toenail with red polish. Today the polish came off to reveal a spectacularly purple nail! It looks so much more impressive than it did a few week ago! I'm very excited. I am of the opinion that if you're going to get an injury, particularly one that came from doing something cool, it ought to be a noticeable one. OK, so maybe not always, but at least when only a toe is involved.

So, for your viewing pleasure... my purple big toe!

Sorry if the sight of my foot grosses you out. :)

Now I need to get back to my homework.

2 comments:

eclaires said...

Hooray for the battle wound!

Andrea, Mrs. said...

I hiked Timp on July 25th. Both of my big toes got bruised from the hike down--from walking so slowly so as to not just hurl myself down the mountain: https://campfirebug.smugmug.com/gallery/5626594_qiEi8#P-5-15