Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Ward, New Calling, New Adventures

Today was my first day in the Wandamere Ward (my new LDS church ward). I finally made the transition from the young single adult ward to the family ward. I am excited to be joining them. I have made a lot of friends in the ward already through music and sports in my stake, so there were a lot of welcoming faces there today. It is certainly different after being in a singles ward for 13 years, but it will be good.

I didn't know you could receive a calling in a ward before your records were even transferred, but the bishop has been anxiously waiting for me to decide to join his ward. So as soon as he found out I was coming, he set up an appointment to meet with me. Today I stood up in sacrament as my records were read and I was welcomed to the ward, then 10 seconds later I stood again to be called as the Laurel (16-18-year-old girls) adviser. I am excited to get right to work in this new calling. It will have its challenges, but I know I will be helped and supported. I actually still have my stake sports calling too, but I feel confident I will be able to do both.

It feels good knowing I am doing exactly what Heavenly Father wants me to be doing. Dealing with emotions and making decisions lately has been a bit challenging, but I know I have been guided to where I am now. I have a good class at work, I am getting close to finishing my degree, I am in a wonderful ward, I enjoy my callings, I have good friends and loving family, and things are better than expected in several areas of my life. I am so grateful. It's amazing how everything in my life improves when I am willing to do the Lord's will first. When I am willing to make sacrifices to do what I feel is right, I am taken care of. I am so thankful He lets me know His will for me and reassures me He will continue to do so.

2 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Sweet! How exciting is that? I love YW. I love it! I hope you love it too. :-D

Johnson Fam said...

I've always wanted to be in the young women's program. I hope it turns out to be a calling you love as I know you'll be wonderful in it.