Thursday, September 20, 2007

30 Years Old

Well, today was the big 3-0! Here's how my day was:

I got a card and a nice breakfast surprise from my friend Brian this morning, and a birthday email from Garth, my principal. I then headed to CostCo with Mom. She helped me get some items for Saturday's party and headed back to SanDiego. I loved having her here the past week. The rest of the day was spent running errands, then watching "Marnie" on AMC. (It's "7 Nights of Hitchcock" this week! I watched "The Birds" on Tuesday.)

This evening I went to dinner with Kristine, Brian, and Emery at Epic restaurant. I had a great time. Good friends & good food. When I got home there were chocolates and flowers waiting for me on the porch and an eCard from Jerry and Sherry waiting on my computer. Very fun.

So now it's late and I'm tired, but somehow reluctant to go to sleep. I think I always want my birthday to last and last. I guess it has! My family was here a week ago, we went to dinner, hung out, played games, my mom stayed all week, and I still have a party on Saturday. I'd say I've been very successful at dragging out my 30th birthday! :)

Thanks to everyone for their birthday wishes online, in person, and via cards and email. I have great friends and family!

No comments: