Thursday, September 13, 2007

Blogging

I finally decided to start my own BLOG! I have been sending mass emails to friends and family for over a year now, and realized this would be much more convenient for all involved. So, here goes...

I went off track (year-round school) last Friday for the first time in a long time! For the past few years I have been teaching in the school computer lab almost every time I have been off track. I was very excited about this time off until I realized I would need to spend most of it doing assignments for grad school. Oh well, I'm still glad to have the time.

Grad school is going well. It's an adjustment to get used to scheduling time for assignments. I have very little free time as it is, and now I get to use it to read, read, read! I am enjoying the program, though, and I am excited about the things I will be learning.

I am also enjoying being the chairman of the Public Affairs Committee at church. I get to manage the ward website, teach people how to use the site, etc. I like it. I am still making the ward calendars and teaching Gospel Doctrine classes every few weeks. It does keep me busy, but in a good way.

I am looking forward to my 30th birthday in one week! I have decided that 30 is going to be a great age! Emery and Kristine have been haranguing me for months about what I am going to do for my birthday, and I still have not decided on anything. Here are some of my ideas:

I have ruled out:
Visiting a farm
Riding the Heber Valley Railroad
Taking a four day covered wagon trek

I am still considering:
Having a BBQ
Going to a Karaoke bar
Going High Country River Rafting
Taking a cruise of the Greek Islands
Doing nothing

We'll see... Money just might play a role in this very important decision.

So, that's all for now, I guess. I don't know how often I will update my brand-new BLOG, but I think this will be fun!

No comments: