Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Big Announcement!

I'm engaged! Yes, it's true! I know, I know. You are all saying, "What? I didn't even know you were dating someone!" Well, I admit it has been a bit of a whirlwind. I never thought I would be someone to fall in love so quickly, but... what can I say?

"So who is this guy?" That's your next question, right? Let me introduce you to my fiancé:
His name is Steve Rossi, but everyone just calls him Rossi. He's tall, and I think he's terribly handsome. (I'll post a picture at the end of this post.) We met in grad school in August, so we've known each other for just over 7 months. It wasn't really until the last couple of months that we started to get more serious. But once we did, things just clicked!

Rossi and I have a lot in common. For one thing, he is a teacher. (I know. I never planned on marrying another teacher. But, again, what can I say? When you're in love... ) He actually teaches math and psychology at the high school just a few blocks away from my house. He's funny and talkative and loves to laugh -- just like me!

In other ways, though, I think our relationship is a case of opposites attract. Rossi is a bit irreverent at times. :) Anyone who know me is aware that I'm fairly conservative when it really comes down to it. He says that I am a good influence on him and that his job is to make me loosen up. It's a good combination.

Ok, well that's all for now. I'll be sure to give everyone more details soon. And as soon as we have a date I'll post it so everyone can plan on being at the wedding. We're thinking we'll get married in San Diego, but we'll have some sort of open house or reception here too. Rossi says he's always wanted to have a reception at the Wheeler Family Farm. I hope he's kidding... :)

I am so excited and happy!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Uh - APRIL FOOL'S DAY!

Max Sartin said...

Hey schmoo-schmoo, I miss you! I'll see you in class tomorrow - I have some good stories for ya....

Anonymous said...

April Fools!!!!??????????? I hope it is true, though, because you deserve all the best! Love, Tami

Jo said...

congratulations! I better be his made of honor since I'm a huge reason he met you as I encouraged him to go to grad school! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

Anonymous said...

Katie,
I thought I would warn you, he likes to have weddings in his underwear... Thought NOW might be a good time to find that out...
-Fz

A Paperback Writer said...

Welcome to the Rossi Wives, Sister.
I think you're number 8, but I'm not quite sure.... one of them left him to marry another man.
And I think most of us are teachers, so you'll have LOTS of company.

Max Sartin said...

Frankie, thanks for bringing that up. That was back in my wild and wacky 20's, I'm much more mature now........