Monday, April 14, 2008

Busy

I've been quite busy lately, so I haven't added much, but I figured I'd take just a moment tonight to jot some things down even though it's WAY past my bedtime.

I've been working with my class on our production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream". It's coming along quite well, but I wish we had 2 more weeks. We do not. Our dress rehearsal is Thursday and our performances start Monday. Yikes! Oberon and Puck still don't even have their lines memorized! I'm considering drastic measures, like wiring Oberon and feeding him his lines. I'm serious. I just might do it! Not everything is so desperate though. I do have to say the costumes are going to look great. And Titania's bower is very cool. I've created it out of my purple beanbag and this gauzy canopy I own. Very magical.

Also at work, we have had a guest artist coming in to work with the kids. Arlo Johnson comes just about every year to teach the kids about art and do some drawing and painting with them. He's a nice guy and makes it fun for them.

I have just two more weeks of grad school this semester, so I am working to complete my final projects. I'm getting close.

Emery's birthday is this Sunday. We're having a party at our house on Saturday evening - BBQ, S'mores, Karaoke. Anyone who wants to come, just email me and I'll add you to the evite.

That's it for now. I am really tired. I have to work tomorrow and then I'm going to the temple in the evening. And somewhere in there I really need to call my mommy back.

Goodnight!

2 comments:

Alanna said...

I feel the same way with Shakespeare. Our McBeth still stumbles over some of his lines. Not sure what we will do. I am sure he will pull through...jsut wants to give me some gray hairs as I stress about him not learning his lines. SOrry I couldn't make the temple. We will need to schedule a time to go together!

eclaires said...

It's way past my bedtime, too. Most nights it is.