Friday, July 24, 2009

A Run-In With The Law

Yesterday I was sitting in the drive through at Wendy’s to try the new Spicy Asian Chicken, when all of a sudden a police car drove in the out driveway and stopped in front of my car. Another police SUV drove up next to me. Then another police car sped in the out driveway and stopped next to an SUV that was in front of me waiting for their order to be ready. “What is going on here?” I wondered.

“Everyone put your hands out of the car windows! Now! Hands where I can see them!” one of the offices shouted. All three officers walked cautiously toward the SUV in front of me. I just sat there and stared while the Wendy’s worker held my bag of food out the drive through window and stared too. The officers had three people, two girls and one guy about my age, get out of the car and sit on the curb. One officer started questioning them while another looked in the car. I couldn’t hear what they were saying, so I had no idea what was going on.

After waiting a couple minutes, I decided I should probably go. The Wendy’s girls asked if I could get out. I ended up backing out the drive through and exiting the in driveway. I still have no idea what it was all about, but it was my exciting adventure for the day!

1 comment:

The Smith Family said...

Sounds Exciting! You get to have all the excitement and adventure!