Sunday, October 18, 2009

Two Travelers

Friday night I had the opportunity to travel to Logan to Thirteen-Eight Productions recording studio and record vocals for the title track of the independent short film Two Travelers. The song's lyrics were written by Dave Morgan and the music was composed by Adam Ward. (Adam is my best friend Kristine's husband.) In addition to composing the song, Adam also performed the piano accompaniment and the male vocals of the duet. When he asked if I would record the duet with him, I was thrilled. I've been hired to record music three or four times before - once before in a recording studio - but it has been a while. I was a little nervous, but I was able relax more as the night went on, and I think it went well. I loved singing, I appreciated getting feedback from everyone to help achieve the desired sound, and I loved watching John, the studio owner, work his magic on the computer to help us create a polished product. The hope is that the film will be accepted into independent film festivals, such as Sundance. I hope it does well. I know the director and his father (Dave) have worked hard on this project. I was so pleased to be asked to participate. If you would like to hear the song, I believe Adam will be posing it on his website soon, so feel free to check it out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Katie, that is terrific!! What a great experience.

Sharona said...

How fun! Aren't recording studios just fun?! That is so cool that you got to do that (but not surprising -- you have an awesome voice).