Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Muskrat Love

Today Emery and I went for a morning walk to welcome in the new year. It is sunny and beautiful outside, although quite cold and snow-covered still. A good combination. As we walked past the creek, we saw two muskrats swimming in the water! It was very exciting for me. I couldn't remember what they are called. I went through a list of possibilities: "Beavers? No. Otters? No. River rats? Yes. We'll just call them river rats."

So, when I got home, I googled them to find out for sure what they were. "Oh ya... muskrats!" I have seen them several times in the creek on our golf course too. In fact, I think my neighbor's dog killed one of them once. They're not really that fabulous, I guess. They are rodents. But still, they're fun to watch in the water. It made me happy.

No comments: