Friday, March 7, 2008

Little Things

Something is in my foot. I thought maybe it was just a blister forming, but no. There is definitely something in my foot. It hurts! Isn't it interesting that such little things can annoy you, or bother you, or hurt you in life? For example:
dry contact lenses
acne
forgetting something you were just about to say
dust
light bulbs that burn out too quickly
back pain
not RSVPing
people snoring while you're watching a movie (oh wait... that one was me last week...)
slow internet

But then, the little things in life can bring so much joy too! Little things like:
tulips
a quilt from my mom
a photo of my grandma
Yorkhshire pudding
finding golf balls on my walks
Debbie Gibson on my iPod
plants in my house not dying
someone saying, "I like you."
hugs
kisses!
black notebook paper and gel pens
getting a hair cut (Ooo... I love getting my hair cut!)
a clean kitchen
little green buds on the trees in spring
clouds
evening light, when it filters side-ways through the trees
a smile
something on the porch when you get home at night
laughing

Perhaps the lesson to be learned here is that we are so much better off when we focus on the little things that brighten our day. It's so much better than the alternative.
What are some of the little things that bring a smile to your face?

1 comment:

Alanna said...

the beginning of spring makes me happy! I am excited to see you at dinner this week. :)