Friday, November 14, 2008

Falling Apart

A couple weeks ago I purchased some shoe closet organizers to use in my office closet. Instead of shoes, I put my CDs, DVDs, computer equipment, etc. into them. Apparently the audio/visual/computer items were too heavy for the cheap, plastic shoe holders because just a couple days after I had gotten things organized exactly the way I wanted them, the shoe holder broke and all my belongings went crashing to the floor, scattering everywhere in my office closet. Of course I was frustrated and discouraged. In fact, I couldn't even stand to look at the closet for weeks knowing I was going to have to sort through everything! I knew I would probably find things had been broken. It just should not have become such a disaster!

Today I finally tackled the mess. As I sorted through it all, I realized that things were not as mixed up and broken as I thought they were. And as I sorted throught the things that had gotten mixed up, I found many things I had forgotten were even there. One item I found was a CD I had been searching for. In fact, I need that CD for a performance tonight! Nothing like things working out just in time. If my closet organizer hadn't completely broken and fallen to pieces, I wouldn't have found what I had been searching for. I got exactly what I wanted exactly when I needed it. It just took longer than I thought it would. And it certainly took a strange event to help me find it.

I'm pretty sure there's a lesson in all this. :)

No comments: