Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Back to the Snow

Thursday I got the bad news that a good friend of mine passed away. Saturday I flew to San Diego to be with my friend's family and our other friends. It was a weekend filled with every emotion, interesting experiences, and great opportunities for reconnecting, reminiscing, laughing, crying, and hugging. I was so glad to be able to spend that time with friends.

I love my friend Kristine. I love my friend Ché and his new girlfriend, Stephanie. I love my mom. I love the Foster family. I love my friend Emery and the fact that she welcomed me home and let me talk for hours on Tuesday. I love all my family and friends. (I'm so full of love!) And I miss my friend Darin. It had been a while since I had last seen him, and now it will be a long time until I see him again. It was very calming to talk with people about where he is now and what he may be doing. I would not trade the nights we had this weekend to remember Darin and laugh and smile.

I was asked by Darin's mom to sing at his funeral on Monday. I was so grateful for the opportunity. I sang "Where Can I Turn for Peace?" The song was requested by Darin's brother, Devin, and it was the perfect choice. Where can we turn for peace in hard times? The Savior is the only one who truly understands all our sorrows and is always there to help make our burdens light. Devin hugged me several times and let me know how much he appreciated my singing. The look in his eyes told me we both know how true the message of the song is.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hey, I love you too. I understand losing a good friend. In November of 2002, I lost one of my life-time best friends. We had been best friends for half our lives to that point. I still miss her. But, it's so good to have people who will let me talk about her. I look forward to the day when I get to talk to her and tell her all the bad, crazy, and good that has happened in my life. :-D