Monday, December 17, 2007

Tis the Season

Friday night was Emery's mom's annual gingerbread house party. Emery and I drove with our new friend Dennis to eat soup, listen to entertaining conversations, and build this year's gingerbread creations. Emery made a city skyline, Dennis made a rest stop, and I made something that Dennis decided was reminiscent of the Globe Theatre. As always, the party was great fun.

Saturday night Emery, Kristine, and I boarded Trax to travel down town for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert with the King's Singers. Thanks to Kristine (and her husband Adam who sings in the choir) I was able to see the wonderful concert. We had a great time, despite the strange girls who decided to provide a spiritual experience for all the southbound train passengers by singing Christmas songs the whole way home. As Kristine said, they completely wiped out our lingering thoughts of the beautiful music we had just heard. Sigh... :)

Dennis and another new friend, Andrew, came over and played a game called True Colors with Emery and me tonight. After that game session, Jerry and Sherry came over to play Probe (a word game) with us. We actually ended up talking with Jerry and Sherry for hours, but managed to fit in a fun round of Probe too. I was also able to find an accompanist for the song Andy and I will be singing at church next Sunday and scheduled rehearsals in the midst of all our fun visits. It was hard to find someone to play who didn't already have a million other songs and musical numbers they were committed to, but I think I've found a good pianist.

Christmas is coming! Are you ready? I thought I was, but now that I realize I have little time left, I'm not so sure. I am excited to be singing on Sunday and then traveling to Mom's house for the holiday.

1 comment:

mom22girls said...

Okay, Miss Katie! It is that time of year when we go searching under cushions and behind the couch for those long, lost addresses of those we love and cherish. Yours is in neither of those places and I am simply stumped! I have a Christmas card for you that I will have to keep until you reveal your latest address to me! It sounds like you are doing well-I am glad! Full of the Christmas spirit-I like that! I miss and love you-Tami Parker