Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gingerbread Joy

I am now off-track until January 5! Hooray! But I can't completely celebrate until Friday because I have my grad school finals still remaining. Friday I'll finally get to sleep in and then perform a couple songs at my ward Christmas social that night. It will be so nice. :)

I have had a lot of fun with Andy, Mom, and nieces Kersee, Mandie, and Heidi this week. A week ago Friday Mom, Andy, and I had a nice breakfast together when I drove Mom up to Park City after her arrival at the airport. Mom and I went TV shopping then saw the new "Twilight" movie on Saturday. (By the way, the guy who plays Edward is gorgeous. ;) Sunday the three of us had "2nd Thanksgiving" up at Mom's house and were joined by Emery, her boyfriend, Michael, Brian, and Derrick.

Friday night I invited Kersee to join me in a trip down to Provo to attend Emery's mom's annual gingerbread party. She loved having a special night out with all the grown-ups. She also loved adding as much glittering sprinkles to our gingerbread house as possible. We built a team gingerbread house. I was in charge of the frosting glue, eating candy, validating Kersee and making Kersee laugh. She was in charge of the house and garden design, placing candy and sprinkles into the glue, telling me to stop eating all the candy, asking me if her ideas were good, and making me laugh. We made a good team.

Yesterday I went with Mom and the girls to Zoolights. We had a great time. The park is decorated with all kinds of Christmas lights shaped like animals and holiday symbols. It's dark, so many of the animals are sleeping during Zoolights, but we got to see a leopard and some big horn sheep. We also had some fabulous glasses that cause you to see a snowman everywhere there is a light bulb. Highlights of the night included the girls looking cute in their snow hats, the ooing and ahing at the lights, and Heidi repeating over and over in the car, "Honey, Honey. I'm cute! Honey, Honey. I'm cute!"

4 comments:

eclaires said...

Honey, honey. I'm cute? Where did that come from?

Sassmaster said...

I have no idea. We're going to have to ask Erin about it. So funny. :)

Sharona said...

What holiday fun! And how intriguing!!!! You must have stories... thoughts... I'm REALLY, REALLY intrigued... :) I hope you survive your finals. Ok, I'm positive you'll do well, so I'm really not concerned about that. But I do hope you don't kill yourself while prepping for it.:) You deserve the break. Enjoy!

Sassmaster said...

My sister says that she has no idea where the "I'm cute!" part of Heidi's ramblings came from. But, the "Honey, Honey" part is from the ABBA song. Apparently, their family has been listening to the "Mamma Mia" CD a lot lately. :)