Friday, December 12, 2008

Teaching Tidbits

Sweet Students
One of my student's sisters was a lunch worker a couple months ago. When she saw me getting my lunch she waved frantically and said, "Miss B! I'm Liz's sister! You probably know that because everyone says we look like twins."
She continued to talk a mile-a-minute about various topics, then paused and looked at me.
"Miss B, Liz really likes you. She says you are the best teacher... And she says you're not married."
"Well, thank you. And no, I'm not married."
She thought for a moment, then looked at me in complete sincerity and said, "Hmm... So beautiful, but not married..."
So sweet.

Pepperidge Farm factory
Every morning and afternoon the entire school yard smells like waffle cones. I couldn't figure it out for a long time, but finally asked another teacher where that smell was coming from. She told me just over the hill is the Pepperidge Farm factory. Now I have a visit to the factory on my list of things to do.

2 comments:

Alanna said...

There's a peppridge farm factory in the area? There's one just outside of Smithfield near where my grandma lives! I love that place. I would love to know where the one here is! :)

Sassmaster said...

I went to the cookie factory today and found out it's not a Peppridge Farm factory. :( It's a Little Dutch Boy factory. And, although the man in the office was nice and sold me some cookies at a very low price, they're not nearly as good as Peppridge Farm. At least my curiosity about the waffle cone smell and the factory it comes from has been satisfied.